Painters Island Caravan Park Wangaratta
Painters Island Caravan Park in Wangaratta offers visitors amenities in either full ensuite cabins or in powered and un-powered sites for caravans or campers.
Caravan Park Surroundings and Location
Painters Island Caravan Park is located on the banks of the Ovens River, spanning 20 acres between the start of the Murray to the Mountain Rail Trail. The park is in the belly of the Ned Kelly Country food and wine region, and only a short skip away from Rutherglen wineries, Bright, Beechworth, and Yackandandah. It is a mere two minute walk to visit Wangaratta restaurants and shops.
There are two major festivals in Wangaratta – the Festival of Jazz in late October, and the Stitched Up Festival that runs from mid June to mid July. Wangaratta is home to major textile industries and this festival isn’t to be missed. Check out the local cultural heritage at the Wangaratta museum or art gallery any time of year. The city also has a golf course, city speedway and indoor sports centre for your enjoyment. Or, for a more peaceful visit, take advantage of the vast natural environment around you and engage in some canoeing or kayaking on the Ovens River.
- Wireless Internet
- Tennis court and swimming pool
- Ice, kiosk, and sheltered BBQ
- Playground and game room for children
- Cabins are fully equipped with a fridge, hotplates, microwaves, toaster, kettle, plates and cutlery. Bedding and towels are supplied for one bedroom, and additional bedding or towels are available for a small fee
- Fully stocked campers kitchen and camp fire places
- Laundry Facilities
- Disabled amenities are available
Painters Island Caravan Park Bookings
Fees are subject to change without notice, and must be confirmed at the time of booking. Deposits are required to confirm a booking, and payment of the balance is due upon arrival. Various times of year have a minimum booking schedule. Check in time is between 1-8pm. Pets are not allowed on the premises.